Multimedia and operatic works
- Grassroots 2008 and 2012. A performance piece co-composed with Tayloe Harding based on imagery and music from the 2008 Presidential Campaign with music influenced by real-time opinion polling of the audience using Turning Technology response clickers. Revised for the 2012 Presidential Campaign. Performed in Snellville GA for Brookwood High School students, The College Music Society Conference (Atlanta), as part of the Computer Music Ensemble concert at the University of Alabama Birmingham (October and November 2008), Huntsville Alabama New Music Festival (February 2011), The College Music Society Conference (Richmond, October 2011, Illinois Wesleyan University (Bloomington, 2011). More detail on the Grassroots webpage.
- Likeweake (1970). A one-act opera based on Guamanian (Chamarro) folklore. Commissioned by the National Endowment for the Arts and the Insular Arts Councils of Guam. Performances given May, 1970, at the University of Guam.
- Sangamon River Waltzes (2011) for wind band. Edited and arranged score from an undated manuscript by Henry W. Cary (composer unknown). Performances with the Bloomington-Normal Community Band and with the Prairie Winds.
- Reflections on Two Snowy Carols for Flute Duet (2010) and Reflections on Two Snow Carols for Clarinet Choir (2012)
- Variations on "Oh Christmas Tree" for Clarinet or Flute Choir. Originally Two Clarinets and Flute (2006) performed at the Festival of Trees, Bloomington, IL. New version for clarinet choir completed November 2012 and performed on the Bloomington-Normal Community Band Holiday Concert, December 1, 2011.
- Trio for Winds on a Hymn Tune (1991) performed in Hendersonville, NC, June 1991
- Fanciful Fractured Fugue (2011), based on earlier work, Fugue on a Tone (1971). Selected and performed for the Huntsville New Music Festival, 2011
- Extroception (1970) for string and wind sextet
- Chamber Sonata (1969 rev 2013) for woodwind quintet
- Dialogues for Winds (2013) based on earlier work, Two Movements for Band (1965) performed by the Guam Wind Ensemble, 1968
- A Theme and Variations for Clarinet and Piano (1965). Selected as guest composer for the Louisiana MTNA Conference, 1966.
- Statement for Diverse Winds (1972)
- The Lord’s Prayer for SATB choir and winds written for the University of Guam Concert Choir.
- Two Settings of an Amen for SATB choir
- Make Haste O God (Psalm 70) for SATB choir; performed by the Illinois State University Men's Glee Choir in two performances, Spring 2010.
- An Offering for Choir and Brass (SATB Choir) Commissioned for the 1967 Easter Sunrise Service of the combined choirs of the U.S. Naval Forces, Marianas and Anderson Air Force Base, and the COMNAVMAR Navy Band at the Nimitz Hill Ampitheater, Guam.
- Tororo merest for SATB Choir based on a Guamanian/Chamarro children's folk tune.
- Kum Bah Yah! for SATB Choir arranged for the Naval Air Station Choir, Agana, Guam
- Introit and Benediction (1966) for Choir and Organ. Composed for the Coushatta, Louisiana, Methodist Church Youth Choir.
- Two Songs for solo voice and piano on poems by Edward J. Humphreys: White Shadows and Nonsensities. Written and performed while Ed and I were on the faculty of the University of Guam in the late 1960s. Performed most recently by Michelle Voight, soprano, in recital at Illinois State University, Spring 2011, and at the Red Note New Music Festival, Normal IL, 2011.
Piano and Organ Works
- Statement for Organ performed at the Unitarian Church, Bloomington, IL, May 1991, by Marilyn Braught.
SOUNDCLOUD Playlist of Selected Works Above. Click on any track to play from SoundCloud.